Community Medical Centers serves a diverse population of San Joaquin Valley residents who speak more than 100 different languages and come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. If English is not your preferred language, we’ll provide a certified interpreter for you at no additional cost. Interpreter services are provided at our facilities 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Certified in-house interpreters
- Interpreters from the Health Care Interpreter Network (HCIN)
- American Sign Language (ASL) services
- Language Line – which has 3,000 interpreters and 170 available languages
Our bilingual employees also volunteer to help patients and families with non-medical related questions in their native language. They wear a special employee badge to show patients and visitors which additional languages they speak. Some languages spoken by these employees include Spanish, Hindi, Hmong, Punjabi, Farsi, Vietnamese and Laotian.
Language Assistance Policy
Language Assistance Policy (English)
Language Assistance Policy (Spanish)
To Request Interpretation Services
- Inside a Community facility: Dial #15 from any available phone
- From outside Community: Call (559) 459-6789