Fresno Heart & Surgical Hospital
We are a small specialty hospital in central California known for its luxurious accommodations, excellent patient experience and five-star cardiac, vascular and bariatric surgery services.
We have earned a 5-star rating in carotid surgery for seven years (2009-2015) from Healthgrades®, a leading independent heath care ratings organization. In 2014, the hospital made Healthgrades' “America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Vascular Surgery” list for aortic aneurysm repair, carotid surgery and vascular bypass surgery.
Our metabolic & bariatric surgery program also earned Healthgrades' 5-star rating and a Bariatric Excellence Award™ five years in a row (2009/2010-2013), putting us in the top five percent of all programs nationwide.
And in 2011, our cardiovascular intensive care nurses were among only 15 hospital ICUs in the nation to earn the Beacon Award of Excellence from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses. They earned a second Beacon Award in 2014, among the less than 1% of hospitals nationwide to be recognized that year.
According to Healthgrades and patients alike, we also rate among the top California hospitals when it comes to providing a healing environment. More than 90% of patients surveyed indicated they “definitely would” recommend us to family and friends and Healthgrades ranks us in the top 5% nationally – recognizing our hotel-like environment and service with the Outstanding Patient Experience Award – eight years in a row.
An entire hospital devoted to cardiovascular & surgical care
- 48 private patient suites that accommodate the patient's overnight guest
- Nine additional private intensive care suites
- Technologically advanced surgical suites that promote minimally-invasive techniques for cardiac, vascular, bariatric and general surgery
- Private preoperative rooms, recovery rooms, and a dedicated procedural room
- Specialized cardiac catheterization and vascular interventional treatment rooms
- A cardiac evaluation center
- An imaging center and clinical laboratory providing both comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services
- Community education and health screenings
- Restaurant quality cuisine that caters to individual patient needs and tastes