We’re celebrating National Healthcare Quality week starting October 16. While every day we strive to provide top medical care and follow best practices in patient safety, during this week we take time out to praise the professionals that help us do that. And we use this celebration to do extra education about National Patient Safety Goals and efforts we’re taking throughout our organization to continually improve patient care.
We thank all staff for striving to ensure high quality care on their units and throughout the organization. The Institute of Medicine (IOM) defines quality health care as, “the degree to which health care services for individuals and population increased the likelihood of desired health outcomes and are consistent with current professional knowledge (Agency for Healthcare Research, 2016).” That’s basically a lot of words to say "we’re using the latest medical knowledge to make sure we get the best possible healing for patients."
To celebrate during this week, the Quality Management departments at Community Regional Medical Center, Clovis Community Medical Center and Fresno Heart & Surgical Hospital are hosting a week full of events for our staff and patients. If you’re in the hospital visiting, be sure to stop by our cafeteria and take a look.
Community Regional events:
- Monday, October 17, 2016 - Performance Improvement (PI) posters will be displayed in the Cafeteria.
- Tuesday, October 18, 2016 – Communicate to your patients that Community Medical is honoring the healthcare professionals who continually promote patient safety and quality care. Look for stickers on patient food trays and tent cards in the cafeteria.
- Wednesday, October 19, 2016 – Manager Tool Kit with suggested department activities. Communication regarding Tool Kit will be sent out via email from Quality Management.
- Friday, October 21, 2016 – Celebrate the PI poster board winning unit, selected by our Executive Leadership Team at Community Regional. Your Quality Management department will be in Sequoia West from 11am to 2pm. Join us for games, prizes, cake and punch!
Clovis Community Medical Center events:
- Monday, October 17, 2016 - Performance Improvement (PI) posters will be displayed in the Cafeteria with using Marbella to vote for your favorite board/project. Vote for your favorite board/project! Cake and punch will be provided.
- Wednesday, October 19, 2016 – “Carnival Day” with Quality Management, Infection Control and Patient Experience booths in the cafeteria.
- Friday, October 21, 2016 – Celebrating the PI poster board winning units with root beer floats for day and night shifts.
It takes a lot of dedication to achieve results of excellence and to “always” create the ideal patient experience. The Quality Management team is always here to help staff ensure efficient, best practice delivery of accessible and high-quality safe healthcare services. If you need assistance from Quality Management please contact us:
Join us in thanking your colleagues for providing the highest quality in care. Your Quality Management Team Community Regional Medical Center:
Jo Gehringer- Director
Amy Royston – Manager
D. Rochelle Tarascou – RN Quality Management Coordinator
Nadine Hensley – RN Quality Management Coordinator
Nancy Schuster-Artis – RN Quality Management Coordinator
Rona Silas- RN Quality Management Coordinator
Jill Kienow – RN Quality Management Coordinator
Floyd Hammon – RN Clinical Nurse Specialist
Shawna Payseno- Quality Analyst
Kathryn Tinsley – Quality Analyst
Jessica Hernandez-Reith- Quality Analyst
Hilda Rivera-Vazquez – Quality Analyst
Clovis Community Medical Center:
Jeff Logan – Director
Linda Ewy – RN Quality Management Coordinator
Steve Rowe - Infection Control Specialist
Karrah Dodge – Infection Control Specialist
Sandra Rivas – Core Measure Document Specialist
Alex Rocha – Business Intelligence – Clinical
Kristen Love – Performance Excellence Professional
Jessica Hermosillo – Administrative Secretary
Fresno Heart & Surgical Hospital:
Jennifer Bodine – Manager Clinical Nurse