As some of you may know, the Medical Library has permanently closed in the Annex and is now digital! Community Medical Centers' Virtual Library partnered with UCSF Fresno to provide access to these new services. You can access the library on the Forum under the Education tab or you can also access the library through our new work stations located just steps away from the old library in the Annex. If you still need to access a physical library, you may visit the UCSF library located on Community Regional’s campus.
Most full text journal articles are available by visiting the Forum > Learning Opportunities > Medical Library. From there you can select the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) or PubMed links.
If you cannot find what you are looking for there, all staff are welcome to visit the UCSF Fresno Medical Library and access a plethora of journals and databases from the UCSF computers.
Medical Library digital workstations located in the Annex
The new virtual library includes:
- Office hours at CRMC with a physical library space coming in September. This includes 100% access to UCSF resources.
- Brand new website with links to PubMed and free text articles.
- Link to the CMC, UCSF, Valley Children’s Hospital and St. Agnes Library Catalog using our updated CyberTools database.
- Databases include e-books as well as the most common and most demanded books at CMC.
- A refreshed bank of physical text is being ordered. The bank of books will be located at CRMC.
If you are UCSF staff or faculty you will always have remote access to all UCSF resources.
For Community staff and providers we intend on excellent service and if there are specific resources or books your department requires, we would be happy to consider them.
The librarian is available:
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. at UCSF Medical Library
Monday-Friday 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. at the CMC Library Office, 5th Floor, Annex
Robyn Aguiar (559) 499-6510, email@example.com
Sharon McClain (559) 499-6506, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please take a look at our new Forum page: https://forum.mycmc.com/learning/MedicalLibrary/Pages/medicallibrary.aspx
Medical Library Forum page
For additional questions, comments or concerns feel free to reach out to me. Ednann Naz, M.D.
This article has be accessed times