The morning of your surgery
Bathe/shower with the antibacterial soap that was provided to you during your pre-operative visit. If you did not have a pre-operative visit, bathe/shower with an antibacterial soap that does not contain lotions in it such as Dial, Lever 2000, etc.
- Do not apply lotions, powders, alcohol based products or deodorant
- Women should not wear any makeup and must remove colored nail polish.
- Clear nail polish is okay
- You should bring all your prescription medications in their original bottles with you to the hospital if you did not bring them to a pre-operative appointment
- We recommend that you dress in comfortable clothing that's easy to be removed and folded.
- Leave jewelry, watches, money and other valuables at home
You will be given a bag so that your clothing can be given to the family member or friend who accompanies you.