- News & Events
- About Us
- Find a Physician
- Make a Gift
We were thrilled to have more than 25 special visitors from POM Wonderful at Terry’s House today to help us with maintenance, deep cleaning and other special projects around the house!
Today's activities were all part of POM Wonderful dedicating more than 2,000 volunteer hours and nearly $80,000 to organizations around Fresno County as part of their POM Wonderful Community Service Day. The company shut down its operations for the day so 325 employees could leave their posts to work on a variety of community service projects from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. And Terry’s House was one of its benefiting organizations!
This type of commitment to community service from a company is unheard of. Resources are always tight when you’re operating a nonprofit organization like Terry’s House, so we appreciate any help we can get to support the services we provide. This service commitment goes above and beyond what it means to be a good neighbor and lend a helping hand.
Today's event boasted lunchtime visits from top POM Wonderful leadership, as well as representatives from Senator Vidak's office, Senator Feinstein's office, Congressman Costa's office and Assemblymember Henry T. Perea's office.
I can’t thank POM Wonderful enough and hope you will let others know about their good works. Here’s a few of the things they helped us with at Terry’s House today:
· Scrubbed down exterior of house
· Sanded and painted Healing Garden pergola
· Cleaned shelves and folded all linens
· Scrubbed interior walls and cabinetry
· Tightened hardware on furniture, tables and chairs
· Deep cleaned refrigerators and kitchen appliances
· Sanitized pots and pans
· Contributed and packed POM “goodie bags” for Terry’s House guests
· Scrubbed outdoor fountain
· Cleaned windows, blinds and vents
· Cleaned patio furniture and outdoor railings - and so much more!
Thank you so much POM Wonderful – we are so grateful for your help and commitment to our “Community.”
With immense appreciation,