- News & Events
- About Us
- Find a Physician
- Make a Gift
A new temporary skin substitute is helping burn patients at Community Regional Medical Center to heal faster with less pain and return home more quickly. It’s also saving the hospital more than $531,000 annually as part of an ongoing program to reduce expenses while improving care.
Terry’s House is a temporary residence for families whose loved ones are critically ill or injured and receiving care at Community Regional Medical Center.
The 20-room house, across the street from the hospital in downtown Fresno, was built through and is entirely maintained by gifts from the community.
Stop, drop and roll’ saved 11-year-old Raven from having burns all over his body. Instead, when an outside fire pit flared up and caught his shorts on fire, the flames were smothered before burning his entire body.
“Even though he dropped and rolled, the flames were so big that it singed his hair on the back of his ear,” said Raven’s mom, Lupe De La Torre.
Help the Bush family assist pediatric burn survivors like 11-year-old Raven. He was rushed to the Leon S. Peters Burn Center at Community Regional Medical Center after he got too close to his family's backyard fire pit and was burned when his clothes caught on fire.Back to Videos
Being badly burned is forever life-changing. And sadly, most of those who suffer burn injures in the Central Valley are children or young adults. In 2013, almost 60% of burn outpatients at Community Regional Medical Center were under the age of 25.
A hospital can be a frightening place – especially if you’re a child and you don’t know what to expect. Community Regional Medical Center has a new Child Life program that helps children and their families in the hospital coping with what could be a very traumatic experience.
The Leon S. Peters Burn Center at Community Regional Medical Center received a $10,000 gift from the California Fireman’s Muster Association just in time for the holidays.
Santa arrived on a fire truck at noon on Dec. 10 at the Clovis Rodeo Hall to deliver gifts to young burn survivors from Community Regional Medical Center’s Leon S. Peters Burn Center during its annual holiday party.
Melvin Bell’s life nearly came to an end when he and two friends were in a car accident in Chowchilla. Pulled from the wreckage – with burns over 70% of his body – he was airlifted to Community Regional Medical Center where the Leon S. Peters Burn Center Team worked around the clock to save his life.Back to Videos
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO) is used to treat burns, carbon monoxide poisoning, trauma injuries, infections, amputations and complications from cancer and diabetes. Developed in the 1940s, the technology was originally used to treat deep sea divers who suffered from decompression sickness.